You may have heard more about Facebook, Google + and Twitter but LinkedIn can also be a powerful addition to your social media efforts. Below are some facts (according to user surveys and site stats) about LinkedIn that you might not be aware of:
- LinkedIn assisted in increasing the marketing and/or branding presence of 37.2% of their users.
- 41% of small business owners feel LinkedIn has better potential to help their firms than other social networks.
- LinkedIn company pages are up to 2 million and counting.
- 82% of people polled say they trust LinkedIn.
- Almost 40% of the 61 million US users are in the 35 to 54 age range.
- The 2nd-degree network of the average LinkedIn user connects them to over 6,000 companies and 9,000 people.
It is a good site if you’re recruiting and is definitely worth looking into for its branding potential.