What is SSL?
If you look at a website prefix and it is https as opposed to http, then it has been secured by a blanket of security using an SSL/TSL protocol (Secure Sockets Layer and Transport Layer Security).
This is critical for businesses doing transactions on the internet for the following seven reasons:
- The SSL protects sensitive information like your password, credit card information, or social security number on a website with encryption that ensures that a user’s activity cannot be tracked or their information stolen.
- SSL is an industry standard used by millions of websites to protect customer online transactions.
- Authentication protects against attacks and builds user trust
- Statistics suggest that 84% of users will abandon a purchase on a non-secured site.
- Google uses SSL to boost the websites that have it in search engine rankings.
- Around 40% of Google page one organic listings are https.
- The inner machinations of the SSL protocol stay invisible to your customers and the search bar will look like this: https://www.bigrigmedia.com, with the letter “s” added to the http.
Get Secure Today
Big Rig Media will secure your website for just $145 annually which includes an encryption key, installation, and an SSL certificate. Contact us today!