Symantec’s 2019 Internet Security Threat Report Suggests the Following:
- 70 million+ records taken last year because of too rapid of an adoption of cloud technology causing the configuration of S3 buckets in a subpar manner.
- 4,800 websites are compromised monthly from formjacking, meaning targeted attacks.
- 78 percent increase in attacks to supply chains took place last year.
- 12% more ransomware infections occurred in 2018 than in 2017.
What Can Small Businesses Do?
The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) released 9 cybersecurity tips for small businesses:
- Establish internet connection firewall security.
- Build a cybersecurity plan for mobile devices.
- Ingrain internet security principles in all employees.
- Apply best practices with payment cards and mobile payments.
- Install limits on data and information retrieval including employee access.
- Protect computers, data, information, and networks from cyberattacks.
- Backup regularly on all computers.
- Secure Wi-Fi networks.
- Change unique passwords every three months.
Discover more about the basics for protecting your business from cyberattacks by checking out the link below. The information comes from Standards and Technology, the U.S. Small Business Administration, and the Department of Homeland Security.