Below are myths you want to caution yourself against believing for either your personal or business cyber system security.
The cyber security myths are listed first:
- Anti-malware and virus applications keep you safe – the reality is that no software can protect against all cyber risks.
- Threats to your system come from the outside – the reality suggests that insider threats are harder to identify and just as likely to occur.
- SMBs are not targeted by hackers – in 2017, small to medium size businesses represented 58% of victims.
- Your business is safe with strong passwords – data monitoring and two-factor authentication is now the standard.
- One hundred percent cyber security is achievable – new threats emerge daily, making cyber preparation a constant task.
If your staff is accessing work information with personal devices, all smart devices can compromise a system and because of the stealth of modern malware, breaches can be hard to detect.
Look holistically at cyber security for your business to protect against these nasty threats.