A recent Leo Burnett report called the Transformation of Aspiration, suggested five customer realities to keep in mind when marketing your products and services:
- Earn trust and repeat visits by treating all customers fairly no matter how you perceive their status.
- Refrain from presuming about the family life of your customers. Diverse families are the reality. (The days of families like those in 1950s television sitcoms are over.)
- Avoid assumptions about gender roles. An increase in women out-earning men and stay-at-home-dads has altered traditional gender stereotypes.
- Indulge your customer. Satisfaction trumps what we know we should do or eat (most choose burgers over salads).
- Daily deal sites have made customers used to big discounts. Integrate special offers with customer loyalty programs. Offer personalized deals to good customers.