Body Language Tips
Here are some interesting tips about body language to consider as you interact with prospects and customers (or with anyone, for that matter), face to face:
- Sustaining eye contact- suggests confidence while forging trust.
- Using a table to resting an arm or hand- expresses interest.
- Leaning in and nodding head- seen as a sign of attention being paid.
- A tilt of the head- shows commitment or approval.
- Checking a phone, looking at watch, rubbing the back of the neck- indicates boredom, restlessness, and / or impatience.
- Using hand gestures- displays a liveliness and friendliness.
- Smiling warmly- puts people at ease, shows sincerity, dependability, and an inclination to listen.
- Crossing arms in front of chest- closed to new ideas, not listening, internally skeptical.